Our specialists are supported by an exceptional team of highly skilled midwives and a lactation consultant who provide extensive antenatal & postnatal education and support. If you have a question or concern during your pregnancy, need help with settling tips for your baby or advice on breast or formula feeding our midwives are only a phone call away.
- pre-pregnancy counselling
- complete antenatal care for both low risk patients and patients with complex medical needs
- ultrasound (dating & growth scans) and CTG monitoring
- management of labour & delivery including vaginal delivery, caesarean delivery and VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean)
- postnatal care (including Home Visits starting Feb 2018 - see more info below)
- lactation support
We deliver babies at North Eastern Community Hospital
, a hospital we believe provides the highest quality of care for both mums & babies. NECH has a team of dedicated hospital based midwives who assist with antenatal education, individualised care throughout labour & delivery and postnatal care of both you & your baby.
Very occasionally it may be necessary to change the hospital we plan for you to deliver at to either the Women's & Children's Hospital (WCH)
or Lyell McEwin Hospital (LMHS)
. If this is the case you will still remain a private patient under the care our doctors.
Although you will have your own individual Obstetrician, at NEWH our doctors & midwives work as a team to ensure you receive the best possible care. In addition to seeing your doctor you will see a midwife at most of your appointments.
North Eastern Community Hospital:
- Our midwives are available to support you and our lactation consultant can help with more complex feeding problems
- Dr Bof’s patients will be seen at the rooms by a midwife within your first week of discharge, at no extra charge, and then as needed to support you through your first six weeks.
- A follow up appointment with your obstetrician will occur at approximately 6 weeks postnatal